Loading...
Share this Job
APPLY NOW »

Field Health & Safety Officer

About RHI Magnesita

RHI Magnesita is global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 40 countries and € 3.1 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry. Check out www.rhimagnesita.com

 

About You

You are an experienced, detail-oriented Field Health and Safety Officer. This role is based out of our Brantford office, open to candidates who would like to relocate to Ontario. You have an analytical mindset in your assessment of risk, with a creative talent to design strategies relevant to our team. You are mobile and able to travel up to 75% of the time visiting work sites across Central Canada.

 

In addition, you will have:

  • CRSP designation is preferred
  • 5 years in the Industrial Construction industry
  • 3-5 years in a Health & Safety Supervisory role
  • Experience in building safety plans for work site jobs
  • Microsoft Office suite proficiency
  • CHSO Designation-Construction Health and Safety Officer preferred

 

Tasks will include but are not limited to:

  • Collaborating with Project Site Manager, Construction Coordinator and Salesman to discuss the scope of work, Job Safety Assessments, site safety presence (full-time or part-time), required job training for RHI Magnesita and local laborer's, equipment, PPE requirements, and safety sensitive tasks on the project i.e. confined space, heights, etc.
  • Developing a site safety plan.
  • Identify the training requirements and qualifications for all local labor needed for the job, as per the quote.
  • Review all safety sensitive Health and Safety tasks and/or equipment with the client's representatives.
  • Plan and control the costs of H&S training, PPE, H&S equipment, etc.
  • Immediately notify customer and RHI Magnesita Senior Management of any on-site incidents.
  • This position will include 75% travel out in the field, day trips and overnight. The other 25% will be spent working in the office or remote office. Will travel mainly by car but some plane travel may also be required. We are a 24/7 operation.
  • Note. This job description is subject to change at any time.

 

What we bring to the table

  • Join the world’s market leader
  • Collaborative culture that cherishes ideas in a respectful work environment
  • Learn with colleagues from around the world
  • We promote direct communication with our award-winning employee app
  • Full-time position
  • Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
  • Competitive Leave package
  • Employee Assistance Program

 

Do you recognize yourself in this role?

We are looking forward to your online application!

APPLY NOW »